About Me

My photo
Kate Jackson is a visual artist based in Canada. She recently finished a 3 year artist residency at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto. Her work has been shown at numerous galleries across Canada and internationally and is part of many private collections. Jackson has received awards for her work including The Artist Project Untapped Award 2009, The Helen Frances Gregor Scholarship -2008, OCC Scholarship-2008, and Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition Best in Show - 2007. Jackson studied at the Ontario College of Art and Design in the Material Art and Design Program (1999-2006) and also the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (1999). She lived and worked at The Banff Centre from 2009 to 2011 and now calls Toronto her home city.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Letters Series

More often than not my work focuses on the intimacy and emotions felt during both quiet moments and powerful events. This series titled: Letters, pays tribute to the romance and joy of the posted letter.  The drawing was executed using both hand and machine embroidery.  While I was making this work I drew my friends and studio mates.  This work means much more to me now that I live far away from most of the people I love.  It is always so exciting to receive a letter from them in the mail.  (hint hint to all my friends out there!) 














These "envelopes" are made with vintage hankies and linens. 

3 comments:

  1. Found your post interesting to read. I really appreciate your work. This post is really handy and useful, I am sure people will get help from this. And thanks for sharing. Embroidery shops in Calgary Alberta Embroidery shops in Calgary Alberta
    Embroidery services Calgary Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good article for increasing knowledge about concern department you have written this article for developing skills for sure. Now Embroidery Digitizing Service service with quality assurance is available through online.

    ReplyDelete